While COVID-19 is still present in our community, out massage clinic will operate with these changes to standard policies and procedures to help protect staff and client safety.
Massage Techniques Not Offered: At this time, we will not be offering Hot Stone Massage or Intraoral Massage at the recommendations of multiple agencies. These treatments could put the client and therapist at higher exposure risk for COVID-19 and/or issues with some of the know complications with COVID-19.
No Walk-In Appointments: Please call ahead to make an appointment. Walk-ins are not allowed at this time.
Late Cancellations: We will waive the late cancellation fee for anyone who develops fever or symptoms of illness. Please call to let us know if you feel unwell, and we will reschedule or cancel your appointment without charging a fee.
Client Guests: At this time, we are limiting the amount of people in our clinic to just the massage therapist and 1 client at a time. We will not allow you to bring a guest to wait with you in the reception area or the treatment room. This includes not being able to bring your children with you to your appointment at this time. In the event that the guest is a legal guardian for the client, like in the case of a minor receiving a massage, and exception will be made.
Pre-Session Screening: This is now done at time of scheduling. The questions are again asked upon your arrival for your massage, as part of the COVID Screening before your massage. We will ask:
- Have you, or anyone in your household, experienced any cold or flu like symptoms, or any of the currently known COVID-19 symptoms in the last 14 days, or has a health professional asked you to self-isolate in the last 14 days?
- Have you been in close contact with someone experiencing cold or flu-like symptoms, or have you been around anyone that has tested positive for COVID-19 in the last 14 days?
- Have you or anyone in your household been tested for COVID-19 in the last 14 days, and if yes, what were the results?
- Have you traveled lately by plane, train, rideshare, or public transportation?
- Have you been to any gatherings in the last 14 days where the wearing of masks or social distancing were not abided by?
Arrival Procedure: When you arrive at our clinic, we will follow a strict protocol to ensure your safety and the safety of our staff:
- Please wait in your car, or outside the building until 5 min before your appointment. The lobby will be locked until that point for sanitizing of the clinic, and early arrivals will not be accommodated.
- 5 min before your appointment time, you will be greeted and allowed in to the lobby.
- You will stop at the hand sanitizing station and will thoroughly sanitize your hands with an alcohol-based hand sanitizer upon entry.
- A mask is required to enter, and will be required that you continue to wear during your entire time in our clinic. A disposable paper surgical or an N95 mask will be required to be worn during your massage session. We will ensure that you have a proper facemask, and if you do not have one, one will be provided for you.
- We will then greet you at the reception desk. Your temperature will be taken with a no-touch thermal temperature reader to make sure you don't have a fever. We will then use a pulse oximeter to check your oxygen levels. These numbers will be recorded in your chart.
- We will then ask if you have any symptoms of illness, including a cough or digestive issues. If your temp & oxygen levels are good, as well as your COVID symptom screening is ok, we will proceed with your daily health concerns, and what you would like to be addressed in your massage today.
- You will then go back to the treatment room to get ready for the session. Please put all clothes and personal belongings in the designated storage box, and place the lid on top, for the duration of your massage session. The box is sanitized thoroughly between each session.
During Your Massage: You will notice some changes to how things flow in the sessions now.
- You will place all clothes and personal effects in the designated storage box, and will cover it with the lid, during the massage session. The container is thoroughly sanitized between each client.
- While COVID-19 is present in our community, we will limit talking during the session to only communication that is necessary for ensuring a comfortable and safe massage.
- Heavy blankets have been removed from the massage room, and are now replaced with an extra flannel top sheet, which is changed out for each client.
- To aid in airflow exchange, an air purifier has been added both to the lobby and the treatment room. These units run constantly in our office with 7 levels of purification and sanitization, including HEPA filtration, ionization, and UV-C sanitization. We will also keep the door between the treatment room and lobby open during sessions, with a privacy screen up to block visibility, in order to make sure the air in the treatment room does not become stagnant. The door to our clinic will remain locked during sessions.
- The massage therapist will thoroughly scrub both before and after each massage session, washing her hands and forearms past the elbows. She will use hand sanitizer on her entire hands and and forearms past the elbows at the start and end of the massage session.
- The massage therapist will also wear full recommended PPE, changing in to clean scrubs and shoes at the clinic, a new apron for each client, an N95 mask, cloth mask covering, protective goggles, and face shield during the session.
After your session: You will return to the lobby to complete the business part of your appointment, and will leave promptly after business is completed. We will not be lingering to chat during this time.
- We will handle any payment that is due. Our credit card processor has been covered with a clear protector, and is thoroughly sanitized before and after each use.
- Schedule your next appointment.
- Leave, and have and have a great rest of your day!
Follow-up: If you develop symptoms of illness, or test positive within 2 weeks of your massage session, please call us immediately. In turn, if the therapist gets sick, or finds there is a risk that you could have been exposed to COVID-19 during the contageous window, they will contact you.
What other steps have we taken?
- Carpet in the treatment room is cleaned throughout the day with a vaccuum that has HEPA filtration.
- Treatment room curtains have been covered with clear vinyl to ease in sanitization between every client.
- The entire treatment room and bathroom are detail cleaned and sanitized between each client. Lobby touchpoints are detail cleaned and sanitized between every client.
- Common touchpoints have been removed as much as we are able throughout our office, including magazines, candy bowls, brochures, business card stands, and more. The ones that were unable to be removed are sanitized between each client.
- Our hospitality station is closed at this time. If you would like a mint, or water to go, just ask, and we will be happy to get that for you.
- We have added signs throughout the office about our enhanced safety measures.
- A new plexiglass sneeze guard has been added to the reception desk.
- We have increased the number of hand sanitizing stations throughout the clinic.
- The entire office received a deep clean at the end of each work day, including vacuuming with a hepa filter vacuum.
- ...plus so much more! Please ask if you have any questions about the added precautions we are taking!